Port Huron in St. Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The "John S. Martin"
This anchor was recovered from the "John S. Martin", which lies approximately 600 feet northeasterly of this monument.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1858.
Location. 43° 0.015′ N, 82° 25.48′ W. Marker is in Port Huron, Michigan, in St. Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of Thomas Edison Parkway and Elmwood Street, on the left when traveling south on Thomas Edison Parkway. Located in the International Flag Plaza riverside park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Huron MI 48060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Great Storm of 1913 and Sailors Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort St. Joseph Bridging the Blue Waters (about 600 feet away); Ships on the St. Clair (about 600 feet away); Native Americans (about 600 feet away); Tom Edison at Grand Trunk (about 600 feet away); Immigration (about 700 feet away); All Aboard! (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Huron.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 116 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 4, 5. submitted on August 4, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.