Hudson in Summit County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Log House in Summit County
stood the first log house
in Summit County,
built by David Hudson
of Goshen, Connecticut, in 1799.
It was the birthplace,
October 28, 1800, of the first
white child in this county
Anner Maria Hudson.
Erected in 1926
by the school children
in memory of the founder
of this town.
The Hudson Library and Historical Society
Erected 1926 by The Hudson Library and Historical Society.
Location. 41° 14.676′ N, 81° 26.413′ W. Marker is in Hudson, Ohio, in Summit County. Marker is at the intersection of Baldwin Street and North Main Street (Ohio Route 91), on the right when traveling east on Baldwin Street. The marker is embedded in the west face of the boulder. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hudson OH 44236, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Western Reserve College and Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Loomis Observatory (approx. 0.2 miles away); Middle College (approx. The Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hudson and the Underground Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); North College (approx. 0.2 miles away); President's House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Congregational Church of Hudson (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hudson.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for First Log House in Summit County.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 29, 2011, by Kevin Gray of Hudson, Ohio. This page has been viewed 465 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 29, 2011, by Kevin Gray of Hudson, Ohio. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.