Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1983 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 70.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 43° 5.985′ N, 89° 20.557′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Milwaukee Street and Wirth Court, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steinle Turret Machine Co. (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Bernard's Catholic Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); "Elmside" (approx. half a mile away); Herman J. Loftsgordon House (approx. half a mile away); East Side High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); John M. Olin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Riley House (approx. 0.6 miles away); "Let The Great Spirits Soar" (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . . Madison Landmarks Commission. The landmark nomination form for the house (pdf). (Submitted on April 2, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 2, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 602 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 2, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.