Chandler in Lincoln County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Phillips 66 Filling Station
W. L. (Bill) Cheatham
who operated a filling station
on Route 66 at Warwick, Oklahoma
from 1926 until 1978
Erected by the Terrell Family.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the U.S. Route 66 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
Location. 35° 42.199′ N, 96° 52.885′ W. Marker is in Chandler, Oklahoma, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Manvel Avenue (State Highway 66) and 7th Street, on the right when traveling south on Manvel Avenue. Marker is along Historic Route 66. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 701 Manvel Avenue, Chandler OK 74834, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1930 Phillips 66 Filling Station, Chandler, Oklahoma (within shouting distance of this marker); Flynt Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Oleson-Crane Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Crane Motor Company (about 300 feet away); Wolcott Building (about 300 feet away); Lincoln County War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Chandler Brick Paving (about 700 feet away); William Matthew Tilghman (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chandler.
Also see . . .
1. Chandler, Oklahoma. (Submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Oklahoma Route 66 Association. (Submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 963 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.