Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Anderson County Farmers Market Pavilion
2005 Anderson County
Farmers Market Board
Clifford Newton - Farmers Marker Manager
Bill Lloyd - Project Engineer
2005 Anderson County
Gracie S. Floyd, Chairman, District 2
Larry Green, Vice-Chairman, District 3
G. Fred Tolly, Council Member, District 1
Bill McAbee, Council Member, District 4
Michael G. Thompson, Council Member, District 5
William C. Dees, Council Member, District 6
M. Cindy Wilson, Council Member, District 7
Anderson County Administrator
Joey R. Preston
Lazer Construction Company
F. Earle Gauldin, F.A.I.A.
Craig, Gauldin, & Davis, Inc.
Anderson County Arts
Robert Austin, DMD, President
Carolyn Voisin, Vice President
JoAnn Vickery, Secretary
Dr. Marshall L. Meadors III, Treasurer
Don Chapman, Past President
Kathy Benson, Marion Fanning
Catherine Hamby, Andy Jarman
Phil Little, Jane Mudd
Bob Roche, Alexandria Stathakis
Dr. Lawton H. Sally, Jr., Jan Vestal
Arts Center Director
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Agriculture. A significant historical year for this entry is 2005.
Location. 34° 30.383′ N, 82° 39.067′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker can be reached from North Main Street (State Highway 28). Marker is attached to the south side of the building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 409 North Main Street, Anderson SC 29624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Building History / Major Frank R Thompson (1903-1977) (here, next to this marker); Anderson County Library (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blue Ridge Railroad Passenger Station -- c. 1913 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fant's Book Store -- 1851 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson: "The Electric City" William Church Whitner (approx. ¼ mile away); Anderson County Court House -- 1898 (approx. ¼ mile away); Anderson County Confederate Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Portman Shoals (approx. ¼ mile away); Portman Dam and Power Plant (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 8, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,000 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on May 8, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.