Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Kirk's Brigade

McCook's Division

— Army of the Ohio —

 
 
Kirk's Brigade Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Allen Gathman, March 18, 2011
1. Kirk's Brigade Marker
Inscription.  
U. S.
Army of the Ohio.
Kirk's (5th) Brigade,
34th Ill., 30th Ind., 29th Ind.,
McCook's (2d) Division.

These regiments were engaged here at the close of the battle of April 7, 1862.
 
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 283.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is April 7, 1900.
 
Location. 35° 8.123′ N, 88° 21.235′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker is on Corinth Road, 0.2 miles south of Hamburg-Purdy Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 3rd Confederate Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); Bankhead's Tennessee Battery, 11th Louisiana Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); Trabue's Brigade (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Johnson's Brigade (about 400 feet away); 38th Tennessee Infantry
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 400 feet away); Sherman's Headquarters (about 400 feet away); Fifth Division, Army of the Tennessee (about 600 feet away); Shiloh Log Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
 
Kirk's Brigade Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Allen Gathman, March 18, 2011
2. Kirk's Brigade Marker
Looking south on Corinth Road. Shiloh Church and cemetery visible in background.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 359 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 15, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=42476

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024