Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
15th Michigan Infantry
— Army of the Tennessee —
15th Michigan Infantry,
Army of the Tennessee.
This regiment arrived on the field, without ammunition, and reported to General Prentiss, Sunday morning, April 6, 1862. It was assigned to a position on left of the 18th Wisconsin and formed here at about 8 a.m. but before ammunition could be procured it was attacked by the right of Chalmers' brigade and retired in good order.
On Monday the regiment was attached to Rousseau's brigade of Army of the Ohio.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 250.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is April 6, 1798.
Location. 35° 7.439′ N, 88° 20.119′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Eastern Corinth Road, 0.2 miles south of Peabody Road, on the left when traveling south. 500 yards northeast of northeast corner of Spain's Field on a trail in the woods. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Rutledge's Tennessee Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Girardey's Georgia Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Camp of 18th Wisconsin Infantry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 18th Wisconsin Infantry (about 400 feet away); Chalmers' Brigade (about 400 feet away); Camp of 61st Illinois Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); 61st Illinois Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named 61st Illinois Infantry (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the movements of this unit, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 493 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 29, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.