McDonough in Henry County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Right Wing at McDonough
The 17th Corps (less G.A. Smith’s division) followed the 15th Corps to Jackson and camped in and near the town. G.A. Smith´s division, accompanied by the 1st Missouri
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 075-5.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society, and the Sherman’s March to the Sea series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is October 16, 1861.
Location. 33° 27.354′ N, 84° 9.11′ W. Marker is in McDonough, Georgia, in Henry County. Marker is at the intersection of Atlanta Street (U.S. 23) and Park Circle, on the right when traveling south on Atlanta Street. The marker stands at the exit of a city park at the north edge of McDonough. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McDonough GA 30253, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Henry County (approx. 0.6 miles away); McDonough Square (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Brown House (approx. ¾ mile away); Ola Schoolhouse (approx. 2 miles away); Detached Cookhouse (approx. 2 miles away); McDonough Public LibrarySteam Locomotive (approx. 2 miles away); Clements Log Cabin (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McDonough.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 983 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.