Capharnaum in Kineret, Northern District, Israel — West Asia (the Levant in the Middle East)
In Capharnaum the house of the Prince of the Apostles was changed into a church; the original walls, however, are still standing (Etheria, late fourth century AD).
We came to Capharnaum in the house of Saint Peter, which at present is a basilica (Anonimus Placentinus, 587).
Archaeological Excavations: Father Gaudentius Orfali, 1921-1926; Fathers Vigilio C. Corbo and Stanislao Loffreda (1968-1986).
Erected by Custodia Terrae Sanctae, Ordo Fratru Minorum – Franciscan Friars.
Topics. Churches & Religion.
Location. 32° 52.827′ N, 35° 34.456′ E. Marker is in Capharnaum, Northern District, in Kineret. Marker can be reached from Highway 87, 3.3 kilometers east of Route 90. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Capharnaum, Northern District 12929, Israel. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Excavations in Capharnaum (within shouting distance of this marker); Sea of Galilee (within shouting distance of this marker); The House of Peter (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Capharnaum (about 90 meters away); a different marker also named Capharnaum (about 90 meters away); The Memorial Church of St. Peter (about 90 meters away); The Synagogue of Capharnaum (about 90 meters away); The Synagogue of Jesus (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Capharnaum.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . Saint Peter. Prince of the Apostles (Submitted on July 5, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 16, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 976 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on July 4, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 10. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.