"Old White Church" Cemetery / " Old White Church "
"Old White Church" Cemetery
First Burying Ground in Lincolnton ca. 1787 Has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior
" Old White Church"
Lincolnton's original house of worship was erected by Emmanuel Lutheran and Emanuel Reformed Congregations CA.1787 and stood on the north west corner of a two acre site. This German meeting house was known as the "Old White Church" and was shared with all denominations. Following its destruction by fire December 23, 1893 Emmanuel Lutheran's congregation erected a brick church on the same site. In 1920 the present church was built diagonally across South Aspen Street.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1911.
Location. 35° 28.187′ N, 81° 15.364′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, North Carolina, in Lincoln County. Marker is on S. Aspen Street close to S. Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincolnton NC 28092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J.G. Arends (a few steps from this marker); Hiram R. Revels
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,131 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.