Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lincolnton in Lincoln County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Cemetery

Old Methodist Church

 
 
Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stanley and Terrie Howard, July 9, 2011
1. Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  First Burial James Hill,1828 Methodist Circuit Rider Preacher
 
Erected by First United Methodist Church 201 East Main Street.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1828.
 
Location. 35° 28.098′ N, 81° 15.366′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, North Carolina, in Lincoln County. Marker is on W. Congress Street close to S. Aspen Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincolnton NC 28092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J.G. Arends (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Old White Church" Cemetery / " Old White Church " (about 500 feet away); Emmanuel Lutheran Church (about 700 feet away); Hiram R. Revels (approx. 0.2 miles away); Frank Beal House (approx. 0.2 miles away); North State Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); André Michaux (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rufus Z. Johnston (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincolnton.
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Cemetery image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stanley and Terrie Howard, July 9, 2011
2. Cemetery
Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Stanley and Terrie Howard, July 9, 2011
3. Cemetery Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 493 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=44439

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 14, 2024