Connersville in Fayette County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1841 Built as Headquarters of the Whitewater Valley Canal Co.
1854 Savings Bank of Indiana
Dr. S. W. Vance 1857-1936
Congressman and Mrs. Finly H. Gray 1936-1947
1947 - 1971 V. F. W. Post 571
1971 - 1973 Restored by Historic Connersville Inc.
Erected by Indian Hill Chapter National Society of American Colonist.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists marker series.
Location. 39° 38.407′ N, 85° 8.386′ W. Marker is in Connersville, Indiana, in Fayette County. Marker is on East 4th Street east of North Central Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Located at the parking lot entrance to the "Canal House" in Connersville, Indiana. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 East 4th Street, Connersville IN 47331, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fayette County Honor Rolls (within shouting distance of this marker); The Whitewater Canal (approx. "Elmhurst" (approx. 0.6 miles away); Twelve Mile Line (approx. 4.9 miles away); Valley Grove Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.3 miles away); Valley Grove Cemetery (approx. 6.3 miles away); Brigadier General CSA Francis Asbury Shoup (approx. 9.7 miles away); Whetzel Trace (1818-1823) (approx. 10.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Connersville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Canal House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 597 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.