Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dr. Stillís Office
“The Black Doctor of the Pines”
a self-taught son of slaves,
made and dispensed his famous
herbal remedies from this site
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 12.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 39° 54.933′ N, 74° 49.433′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Church Road, on the right when traveling west. Marker is on Church Road, between Trotter Drive and Route 541. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cross Roads (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Toll House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Brace Road School (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Albert Kirby House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Maurice Haines House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Everett Haines House The Thomas Wilkins House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The P.M. & M. Railroad (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 540 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 3. submitted on July 14, 2018, by Thomas Anderson of Haddon Township, New Jersey. 4. submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.