Naval Station Pearl Harbor in Honolulu in Honolulu County, Hawaii — Hawaiian Island Archipelago (Pacific Ocean)
U.S. Naval Base Pearl Harbor
has been designated a
Under the provisions of the
Historic Sites Act of August 21, 1935
this site possesses exceptional value
in commemorating and illustrating
the history of the United States
U.S. Department of the Interior
National Park Service
Erected 1964 by National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: War, World II • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the National Historic Landmarks series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1935.
Location. 21° 21.887′ N, 157° 57.007′ W. Marker is in Honolulu, Hawaii, in Honolulu County. It is in the Naval Station Pearl Harbor. The United States Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, a National Historic Landmark, is located along Hwy. 73 three miles south of Pearl City on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Due to heightened security, access to the base Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jbphh HI 96860, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Sacred Site (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S.S. Arizona Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S.S. Arizona (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); USS Arizona Memorial (about 500 feet away); USS West Virginia Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); U. S. S. Missouri (approx. Ό mile away); Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, USN (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Golden Anchor (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Honolulu.
Also see . . .
1. Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum and Visitor Center. The Official Website of the Pearl Harbor Memorial Fund. (Submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. National Park Service site for the USS Arizona. (Submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
3. Wikipedia entry for the USS Arizona. (Submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
4. Wikipedia entry for the Attack on Pearl Harbor. (Submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
5. Attack viewed at Pearl Harbor. A "YouTube" video using a number of production sources of video footage and reports reflecting (Submitted on February 10, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 10, 2023. It was originally submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 4,817 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on January 4, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.