Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Marsh Turn

Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake

 
 
The Marsh Turn Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith L, August 17, 2011
1. The Marsh Turn Marker
[south side of marker]
Inscription.  The only turn used in all three road - racing years. Named for its proximity to the Sheboygan County Marsh.

Marker donated by: Jim Dentici and Carl Raclin in honor of automobile racing in God's Country.

Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 17, 2006.

 
Erected 2006 by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake; Jim Dentici and Carl Raclin. (Marker Number 7.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & VehiclesSports. A significant historical date for this entry is February 17, 1893.
 
Location. 43° 50.845′ N, 88° 2.481′ W. Marker is near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is on County Road P south of County Road J, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart Lake WI 53020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Broughton Sheboygan Marsh Park & Wildlife Area (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1950 Start/Finish (approx. half a mile away); The Hard Right (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
one mile away); Peck's Alley (approx. 1.3 miles away); Briggs' Bend (approx. 1.3 miles away); Ted's Turn (approx. 1.3 miles away); Dickens' Ditch (approx. 1.4 miles away); 1951–52 Start/Finish (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart Lake.
 
More about this marker. The Village of Elkhart Lake and the roads surrounding Elkhart Lake hosted open-road sports car racing in 1950, 1951 and 1952. Fourteen historical markers were placed around the circuits (to commemorate the names and the events that occurred) by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake, a Wisconsin non-profit corporation.
 
Also see . . .  Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake. (Submitted on August 17, 2011.)
 
The Marsh Turn Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith L, August 17, 2011
2. The Marsh Turn Marker
[north side of marker with duplicate text]
The Marsh Turn Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith L, August 17, 2011
3. The Marsh Turn Marker
[southbound]
The Marsh Turn Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith L, August 17, 2011
4. The Marsh Turn Marker
[northbound]
The circuits went northbound and then made a right turn here.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 17, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=46186

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 29, 2024