Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort McCreary – 1836
→ 1 mi. →
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 8.588′ N, 85° 0.804′ W. Marker is in Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is at the intersection of Florence Road (Georgia Route 39) and 2nd Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Florence Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha GA 31821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Trail (approx. 2.6 miles away); Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation Florence (approx. 4.1 miles away); Spanish Fort, 1689-1691 (approx. 5.4 miles away in Alabama); Fort Jones (approx. 5.9 miles away); Roanoke (was approx. 6.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7.8 miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
Categories. • Forts or Castles • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for Fort McCreary – 1836.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 648 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.