Near Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 3.577′ N, 85° 2.182′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on Georgia Route 39 2 miles south of Georgia Route 39C, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5793 Georgia Highway 39, Omaha GA 31821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Roanoke (was approx. 0.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Florence (approx. 2 miles away); Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 3.1 miles away); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 5.9 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 6.7 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 7.7 miles away); Glennville (approx. 9.4 miles away in Alabama). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for Fort Jones.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 506 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.