Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mesquite in Clark County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Egg House / Telephone Building

Circa 1929

 
 
Egg House / Telephone Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, August 29, 2011
1. Egg House / Telephone Building Marker
Inscription.  The Egg Association formed circa 1929 as a local cooperative, selling and distributing local eggs to tourist oriented businesses, or to market in Las Vegas. High school boys studying agriculture were part of the enterprise. The Association built a two-story house here where the eggs were processed and sold.

Circa 1944 the Egg House was converted to become the first freestanding telephone office in town. Once the office was moved to this site the company expanded from 4 telephone lines to 40. In 1966 the building was replaced with a more modern structure.
 
Erected by City of Mesquite. (Marker Number 2.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureCommunicationsIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
 
Location. 36° 48.245′ N, 114° 4.159′ W. Marker is in Mesquite, Nevada, in Clark County. Marker is on West Mesquite Boulevard, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 61 West Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite NV 89027, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
walking distance of this marker. The Old Spanish Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); Abbott Way Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Museum and Fire House (within shouting distance of this marker); Virgin Valley (within shouting distance of this marker); Tithing Lot (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); History of Mesquite (approx. 0.2 miles away); School and Gymnasium Block (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Elias Abbott (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mesquite.
 
Egg House / Telephone Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, August 29, 2011
2. Egg House / Telephone Building Marker
Close-Up of Photo Displayed on Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner
3. Close-Up of Photo Displayed on Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 598 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 1, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=46746

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 22, 2024