Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dedham in Norfolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Dedham

1630 - 1930

 
 
Dedham (Eastern Avenue and High Street) Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Russell C. Bixby, August 31, 2011
1. Dedham (Eastern Avenue and High Street) Marker
Inscription.  Settled in 1636 by people from Watertown and Roxbury. In early years the town extended to the Rhode Island line.
 
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1636.
 
Location. 42° 14.875′ N, 71° 10.335′ W. Marker is in Dedham, Massachusetts, in Norfolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Eastern Avenue and High Street, on the right when traveling north on Eastern Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dedham MA 02026, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fairbanks House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Powder House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dedham Boat Club (approx. 0.4 miles away); 54th Infantry - 55th Infantry - 5th Cavalry
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.2 miles away); Boston Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Boston Civil War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ponkapoag Plantation (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dedham.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 745 times since then and 15 times this year. Last updated on October 11, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photo   1. submitted on August 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=48173

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024