Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Newport in Newport County, Rhode Island — The American Northeast (New England)
 

James Nicholl House

Circa 1750

 
 
James Nicholl House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, October 8, 2011
1. James Nicholl House Marker
Inscription.  
This property has been
placed on the
National Register
of
Historic Places

The James Nicoll House
c. 1750
by the United States
Department of the Interior

 
Erected by US Department of the Interior.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
 
Location. 41° 29.549′ N, 71° 18.926′ W. Marker is in Newport, Rhode Island, in Newport County. Marker is at the intersection of Thames Street and Cross Street, on the left when traveling south on Thames Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 42 Thames Street, Newport RI 02840, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Newport Historic District (a few steps from this marker); The Tree of Liberty (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); White Horse Tavern (about 600 feet away); Great Friends Meeting House (about 700 feet away); Militia Common (about 700 feet away); The Colony House / The State House (approx.
Marker at 42 Thames Street image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, October 8, 2011
2. Marker at 42 Thames Street
The James Nicholl House is an altered 2½ story Colonial house with a gable roof, a recessed entranceway, a 2 story wing and a rear 2 story ell.
Click or scan to see
this page online
0.2 miles away); Perry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eisenhower Park (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newport.
 
James Nicholl House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, October 8, 2011
3. James Nicholl House
James Nicholl sold this house and property to Dr. James Keith in 1759.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 579 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=48687

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 10, 2021