Wenham in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1636.
Location. 42° 36.269′ N, 70° 53.243′ W. Marker is in Wenham, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is on the south side of Main Street in front of Town Hall. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wenham MA 01984, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Camp Lander (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Wenham (approx. 0.6 miles away); This Stone Marks the Site of Peter Hill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Wenham Lake (approx. 0.9 miles away); Conant HouseThe Covered Wagon (approx. 2.1 miles away); Roger Conant (approx. 2.7 miles away); Planters Path to their Landing Place (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wenham.
More about this marker. Marker was originally placed on Route 1A at the Beverly town line.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . .
1. Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 7, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. The Wenham Museum. The Mission of the Wenham Museum is to protect, preserve and interpret the history and culture of Boston's North Shore, domestic life and the artifacts of childhood. (Submitted on June 7, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 7, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 553 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on October 25, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 7, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.