Downtown in Victoria in Capital, British Columbia — Canada’s West Coast (North America)
Designed in 1908 by Victorian architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins
Erected 2009 by Victoria Cool Aid Society/ AIDS Vancouver Island.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 48° 25.624′ N, 123° 21.84′ W. Marker is in Victoria, British Columbia, in Capital. It is in Downtown. Marker is on Johnson Street. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tiger Company Fire Hall (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Victoria Fire Department Headquarters (about 180 meters away); Wesleyan Methodist Church (about 180 meters away); Victoria City Hall (about 180 meters away); Congregation Emanu-El (about 210 meters away); St. Andrew's Roman Catholic Cathedral (about 210 meters away); Japanese Internment (about 210 meters away); Fifth Regiment of Garrison Artillery (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Victoria.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 16, 2023. It was originally submitted on October 25, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 25, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.