Wayland in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
First Town Center
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1638.
Location. 42° 22.23′ N, 71° 22.166′ W. Marker is in Wayland, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Old Sudbury Road (Massachusetts Route 27), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wayland MA 01778, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Haynes Garrison House (approx. one mile away); Sudbury (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Goodnow Garrison House (approx. 1˝ miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 1.6 miles away); Hop Brook Mill (approx. 2.4 miles away); Sudbury Fight (approx. 2˝ miles away); Knox Trail Garden in the Woods (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wayland.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 660 times since then and 47 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 3. submitted on January 9, 2020, by Stephen St. Denis of Worcester, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.