Billerica in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
John Rogers Homestead
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • War, French and Indian. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list.
Location. 42° 35.768′ N, 71° 16.85′ W. Marker is in Billerica, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Billerica Avenue just north of Hickory Lane, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: North Billerica MA 01862, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Billerica & Bedford Rail Road (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chief of the Penacooks (approx. 2 miles away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 2 miles away); Danforth Homestead (approx. 2½ miles away); Meetinghouse Hill (approx. 3.4 miles away); Central Street (approx. 3.6 miles away); Human Construction (approx. 3.6 miles away); Chelmsford’s “Minuteman Boulder” (approx. 3.6 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 1, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Billerica Historical Society. The Billerica Historical Society, founded in 1894,is a private organization whose mission is to acquire and preserve items of local historical interest and to inform and educate interested citizens about Billerica's rich architectural, cultural, and historical heritage. The Society also maintains The Clara E. Sexton Memorial house (built c.a. 1723) and operates the Billerica(Howe)Museum. (Submitted on September 8, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,486 times since then and 107 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on June 1, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.