Dr. Brown’s Residence
Résidence du docteur Brown
Built for Dr. Brown, a dentist, in 1902, this attractive little bungalow was tangible proof that affluent residents had confidence in the future of Dawson City and were willing to put down roots. While this may have been somewhat misplaced, the building’s future was assured. Considerably altered by subsequent owners, it functions today as housing for Canada Parks Service staff members.
Erected by Parks Canada/Parcs Canada.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1902.
Location. 64° 3.547′ N, 139° 25.727′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson City YT Y0B 1G0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Macaulay’s Residence (within shouting distance of this marker); Arctic Brotherhood Hall (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Billy Bigg’s Blacksmith Shop (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); K.T.M. Company (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Harrington’s Store (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Northern Commercial Co. Warehouse (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); 3rd Avenue Complex (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Rev. William Henry Judge, S.J. (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson City.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 570 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.