Titusville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Titusville Oil Exchange
Erected 1999 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 41° 37.588′ N, 79° 40.479′ W. Marker is in Titusville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is on West Spring Street just east of Washington Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 West Spring Street, Titusville PA 16354, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Titusville Trust Company, 1919 (a few steps from this marker); Titusville Oil Exchange: World's First (a few steps from this marker); Site of Titusville Oil Exchange Corinthian Hall, 1865 (within shouting distance of this marker); Algrunix Building, 1894 (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Second National Bank, 1865 (about 300 feet away); Jonathan Titus (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Titusville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 475 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on January 15, 2015. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.