Banning in Riverside County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Banning Woman's Club Clubhouse
This marker is dedicated to club founders Mrs. Ida Bird, Mrs. French Gilman, Mrs. Samina Carpenter, Mrs. Mary Ellis, Mrs. Joseph Fountain, Mrs. Floretta Fraser, Mrs. Octavina Hamilton, Mrs. John King, Mrs. Harriet Stone.
Erected 1992 by Riverside County Historical Commission, Billy Holcomb Chapter No. 1069, E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 60.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • Women. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
Location. 33° 55.577′ N, 116° 52.713′ W. Marker is in Banning Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 175 West Hays Street, Banning CA 92220, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saahatpa (approx. 8.4 miles away); Soviet Transpolar Landing Site (approx. 11 miles away); Transpolar Record Flight Site (approx. 12.3 miles away); Speed-of-Light Experiment (approx. 13.9 miles away); Hemet Maze Stone (approx. 14.3 miles away); Henry Harbinson Sinclair (approx. 14˝ miles away).
Regarding Banning Woman's Club Clubhouse. The city of Banning was originally named after Ransom Moore. As General Phineas Banning was one of southern California's leading business and political figures, Ransom Moore decided to change the name of the town of Moore to Banning in 1877 or 1878. SOURCE: Billy Holcomb Chapter 1069 35th Anniversary Plaque Book by Phillip Holdaway
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 19, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 730 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 19, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.