Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Beth Israel Cemetery

 
 
Beth Israel Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jeff Lovorn, March 20, 2011
1. Beth Israel Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  

Jewish community flourished in Woodville 1820-1920. Est. cemetery 1848. Synagogue built on Natchez St. 1878, rebuilt 1896, burned 1930’s. Jewish community enriched Town’s economic/artistic life.
 
Erected 1997 by Mississippi Department of Archives & History.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
 
Location. 31° 5.66′ N, 91° 18.187′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on Sligo Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodville MS 39669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sessions House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Redhead Home (approx. half a mile away); The Little House (approx. half a mile away); Brannan House (approx. half a mile away); Old Rosso House (approx. half a mile away); Van Eaton House
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. half a mile away); The Woodville Republican (approx. half a mile away); Dreyfus House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
 
Beth Israel Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
January 4, 2019
2. Beth Israel Cemetery Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 26, 2011, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on December 26, 2011, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi.   2. submitted on February 24, 2019. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=50908

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 23, 2024