Jackson in Madison County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
John Luther Jones
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4D 21.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 29, 1900.
Location. 35° 37.959′ N, 88° 48.348′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Tennessee, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of Hardee Street and Richmond Street, on the left when traveling east on Hardee Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 Hardee St, Jackson TN 38301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lane College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Merry High School (approx. Wm. Holland House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Jackson's First Free Library (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gil Scott-Heron "Godfather of Rap" (approx. 1.3 miles away); Occupation of Jackson (approx. 1.3 miles away); General Ulysses S. Grant (approx. 1.3 miles away); 209-217 N. Church (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Casey Jones. Wikipedia (Submitted on January 5, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 2, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 802 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 2, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.