Lincolnton in Lincoln County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lincolnton Presbyterian Church / Lincolnton Cemetery
Lincoln County Georgia
National Historic Register
by Act 1966
Land Donated by
Peter Lamar, March 3, 1823
for Religious and Educational Purposes
Lincolnton Garden Club
Mrs. Ruth Hogan Armstrong
Restored for Perpetual Care
Mrs. Iris N. Sales President
Mrs. Edith M. Aycock
Mrs. Wenona S. Cox
Mrs. Elese H. Deason
Mrs. Thelma W. Hammond
Mrs. Lennie N. Hardin
Mrs. Alice D. Lewis
Mrs. Frances C. Prater
Erected 1992 by Lincoln County, Georgia.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is March 3, 1892.
Location. 33° 47.4′ N, 82° 28.8′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, Georgia, in Lincoln County. Marker is on South Washington Street (U.S. 378) 0 miles north of Elm Avenue (State Route 43), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 231 South Washington Street, Lincolnton GA 30817, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least The Lewis Family Pavilion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lincoln County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lamar Family Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lincoln County Veterans Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lincoln County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Petersburg Road (approx. 1.7 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 1.7 miles away); Tory Pond (approx. 5.4 miles away); Dooly Spring (approx. 6.2 miles away); General Elijah Clark (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincolnton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 548 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on July 18, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.