Fort Collins in Larimer County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Donated Land for the Agricultural College
(Colorado State University)
1877 • Pioneers • 1916
In memory of the men
who donated the land
Location. 40° 34.617′ N, 105° 4.673′ W. Marker is in Fort Collins, Colorado, in Larimer County. Marker is on Old Main Drive near S College Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Located opposite Spruce Hall, Colorado State University campus. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 150 Old Main Drive, Fort Collins CO 80524, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elwood Mead (approx. 0.3 miles away); The William C. Stover House (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Historic Fort Collins Weather Station (approx. 0.4 miles away); Antoine Janis Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Auntie Stone Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Carnegie Library (approx. 0.6 miles away); Blunck House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mosman House (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Collins.
Regarding Donated Land for the Agricultural College.
on Sept. 1, 1879, President Elijah Evan Edwards welcomed the institution's first five students.
Also see . . . The Story of Colorado State University. ...charts the evolution of the institution from its humble beginnings to its current stature as leader in higher education in the state, nation and world. (Submitted on February 1, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Education •
More. Search the internet for Donated Land for the Agricultural College.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 1, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 631 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 2, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.