Belleville in Essex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Christ Church Episcopal
charter to Christ Church, Belleville
on Feb. 10, 1746. First church built here 1836. Oldest grave marker date 1785. Church now at 393 Washington Ave. Original bell, 1837 and organ, 1875 there.
Belleville Historical Society
Erected 1976 by Belleville Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the The Spirit of ’76, America’s Bicentennial Celebration series list.
Location. 40° 47.025′ N, 74° 8.979′ W. Marker is in Belleville, New Jersey, in Essex County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belleville NJ 07109, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Belleville First Fire House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); School Number One (approx. 0.2 miles away); Josiah Hornblower (approx. 0.2 miles away); Belleville Reformed Church Cemetery The Rutgers Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Revolutionary War Soldiers Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Dutch Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); LCpl Osbrany Montes de Oca Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belleville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 3, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 3, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 6. submitted on March 22, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.