Lancaster in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1950 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
Location. 40° 2.393′ N, 76° 17.99′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker is at the intersection of E. Orange Street and Shippen Street, on the right when traveling west on E. Orange Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster PA 17603, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shippen House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Monument to John Wise (about 600 feet away); George Ross (about 700 feet away); First Presbyterian ChurchEdward Shippen (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jasper Yeates (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert Coleman (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Edward Hand (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
Also see . . . MarkerQuest - Colonial Mansion. Additional information about the Colonial Mansion. (Submitted on December 3, 2020, by Laura Klotz of Northampton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,561 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on December 30, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.