Rockleigh in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Jacob Concklin House
Built about 1796 by Jacob Concklin, Jr., a “wheelwright”, the house is an example of Dutch Colonial architecture. Erected on the site of an earlier Concklin homestead, it stands on a 166½ acre farm purchased in 1748 by Jacob Concklin, Sr. Later owners, all descendants of Concklin, were the Samuel Sneden family and Samuel Beasley who lived here until 1902. The house has since been enlarged and remodeled.
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 112.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society series list.
Location. 41° 0.192′ N, 73° 55.585′ W. Marker is in Rockleigh, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on Rockleigh Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21 Rockleigh Road, Northvale NJ 07647, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rockleigh (within shouting distance of this marker); Joseph Dubois House Rockleigh Road (approx. 0.4 miles away); Piermont Road (approx. 0.4 miles away); Palisades Historic District (approx. 0.4 miles away in New York); Abraham A. Haring House (approx. half a mile away); John A. Haring House (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Palisades Historic District (approx. 0.7 miles away in New York). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockleigh.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on February 24, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 416 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 24, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.