Oldtown in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
"We found that one post in the tower in which the bell hangs had rotted badly, so the bell was taken down, the posts cut off at the bottom, and the tower placed temporarily near the carpenter shop so that the bell could still be rung."
Bethabara Diary, April 8, 1766.
Erected by Historic Bethabara Park.
Location. 36° 9.32′ N, 80° 17.87′ W. Marker is in Oldtown, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker can be reached from Bethabara Road, on the right when traveling east. Located in Historic Bethabara Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winston Salem NC 27106, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of Well 1763 (here, next to this marker); Congregation Kitchen 1766 (a few steps from this marker); Pottery Shop 1755 (a few steps from this marker); Family House 1758 (a few steps from this marker); Gemeinhaus 1756 (a few steps from this marker); Palisade Fort (a few steps from this marker); Congregation Store 1759 & 1764 (a few steps from this marker); The Brothers House 1755 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oldtown.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Communications • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Bell House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 355 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.