Oldtown in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Congregation Store 1759 & 1764
"George Loesch brought 300lbs. of lead for our store from the mine on the New River."
Bethabara Diary, June 4, 1764.
"Again today many people came to the store with skins for sale. Br. Gammern will soon be at a loss on how to pay in cash."
Bethabara Diary, February 15, 1765.
Erected by Historic Bethabara Park.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is February 15, 1880.
Location. 36° 9.33′ N, 80° 17.86′ W. Marker is in Oldtown, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker can be reached from Bethabara Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winston Salem NC 27106, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Palisade Fort (here, next to this marker); Congregation Kitchen 1766 (a few steps from this marker); Pottery Shop 1755 (a few steps from this marker); Bell House (a few steps from this marker); Well 1763 (a few steps from this marker); Bethabara (within shouting distance of this marker); Congregation Store Addition after 1766 (within shouting distance of this marker); Gemeinhaus 1756 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oldtown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 428 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.