Near Claxton in Evans County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Sunbury Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 054-2.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 16.051′ N, 82° 1.232′ W. Marker is near Claxton, Georgia, in Evans County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 129 and Thrift Lane (County Route 58), on the right when traveling south on State Route Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Claxton GA 30417, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Excelsior and its Academy (approx. 4˝ miles away); Oliff, Rushing, Durrence House (approx. 4.9 miles away); Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 7.2 miles away); Bellville (approx. 8.4 miles away); Croatan Indian Community (approx. 8.6 miles away); Candler County Courthouse (approx. 9.3 miles away); Pulaski, Georgia (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 2, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 2, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.