Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
El Cajon in San Diego County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Historic El Cajon Hall

̴ 1894 ̴

 
 
Historic El Cajon Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Denise Boose, April 8, 2010
1. Historic El Cajon Hall Marker
The marker is on the Bourbon Street Restaurant and upstairs is RockABetties Beauty Shop.
Inscription.  
This building has also served as newspaper office, a bank, telephone company, a lodge, Farmers Institute and a meat market.

Purchased by the Weinstock family and served as an appliance and radio store
1932

Purchased & restored by Ross Nicholson
2002

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureCommunicationsIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1932.
 
Location. 32° 47.688′ N, 116° 57.644′ W. Marker is in El Cajon, California, in San Diego County. Marker is on East Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 174 East Main Street, El Cajon CA 92020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Amaziah Lord Knox (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); KCBQ “Top 40” Personalities (approx. 3.6 miles away); Bancroft Ranch House (approx. 4.2 miles away); Mexican Grant (approx. 4˝ miles away); Lakeside Auto Speedway (1907)
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 5 miles away); Mission Dam and Flume (approx. 5.6 miles away); San Diego State University (approx. 6.8 miles away); The Church (approx. 8˝ miles away).
 
Historic El Cajon Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Denise Boose, April 8, 2010
2. Historic El Cajon Hall Marker
The marker is visible between the two corner windows.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 648 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=54384

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 24, 2024