Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
In This Burial Ground
the first public burial ground
in the City of Anderson, S.C.,
rest fifty or more persons
known only to God.
This plaque is in honor of
those unnamed persons who
lived and died as a part
of the Anderson community.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites.
Location. 34° 30.233′ N, 82° 39.233′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Whitner Street and North Towers. The marker is located on the grounds of the First Presbyterian Church Cemetery, accessible via key during church hours. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 West Whitner Street, Anderson SC 29624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Anderson Presbyterian Church Cemetery (here, next to this marker); First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Anderson County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson: "The Electric City" Anderson County Law Enforcement Officers Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Church Whitner (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson County Court House -- 1898 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fant's Book Store -- 1851 (approx. ¼ mile away); Blue Ridge Railroad Passenger Station -- c. 1913 (approx. ¼ mile away); The Four Way Test (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 19, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 671 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 19, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.