Studley in Hanover County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Page’s Warehouse, port of entry and export, established by Matthew Page long prior to 1734. Town incorporated November 1762. Competed with Richmond for capitol of Virginia.
Erected 1929 by Hanover Branch A.P.V.A.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts or Castles • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. 37° 41.838′ N, 77° 14.743′ W. Marker is in Studley, Virginia, in Hanover County. Marker can be reached from River Road (Virginia Route 605) 0.9 miles east of Summer Hill Road (Virginia Route 644). Located on private property and can not be viewed from the road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Studley VA 23162, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hanovertown (a few steps from this marker); Union Army's Crossing of the Pamunkey River (a few steps from this marker); William Latané (approx. 0.8 miles away); Stuart's Ride Nelson’s Crossing (approx. 2.8 miles away); Salem Church/Haw’s Shop (approx. 2.9 miles away); Studley (approx. 3 miles away); Early Airmail Service (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Studley.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 23, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,434 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.