Galesville in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Downtown Galesville Historic District
Two of the best-preserved examples, the Clark Block (1886) and the Jensen Building (1902), have round arch Romanesque windows. The octagonal Bandstand (1912) is still the center of many community celebrations. The facade in the middle of Davis Street replaces a building that burned in 2005. The District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
Wisconsin Historical Society
Erected 2009 by Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 529.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Man-Made Features • Settlements & SettlersWisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1854.
Location. 44° 4.969′ N, 91° 20.921′ W. Marker is in Galesville, Wisconsin, in Trempealeau County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 53) and East Gale Avenue. Marker is at the bandstand in the public square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galesville WI 54630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Galesville (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Galesville Bridge (about 600 feet away); Ridge Avenue Historic District (approx. half a mile away); John F. Cance / Galesville Area Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Gale College Historic District (approx. one mile away); Decorah Peak (approx. 1.6 miles away); The McGilvray "Seven Bridges Road" (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Mississippi River Parkway: (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galesville.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2012, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on June 4, 2012, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.