Near Lewiston in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Wilson Ranch Granary
Erected 1995 by E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter No. 62.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Agriculture. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 40° 41.938′ N, 122° 48.964′ W. Marker is near Lewiston, California, in Trinity County. Marker is on Old Lewiston Road, on the right when traveling east. The marker is located just west of the Lewiston Elementary School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Old Lewiston Road, Weaverville CA 96093, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Congregational Church of Lewiston (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lewiston Pioneer CemeteryLewis’ Town/Lewiston (approx. ¾ mile away); The Killing of Edward Jose’ (approx. ¾ mile away); Lewiston Hotel (approx. 1.2 miles away); Steel Bridge (approx. 5.7 miles away); Jumper Sawmill (approx. 5.7 miles away); Lowden’s Wagon Road (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
Regarding Wilson Ranch Granary. Unfortunately, the granary barn was destroyed by a wildfire after the marker was erected. Only the foundation remains.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.