Preston in Webster County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 152-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 3.967′ N, 84° 32.248′ W. Marker is in Preston, Georgia, in Webster County. Marker is at the intersection of Hamilton Street (U.S. 280) and Washington Street, on the left when traveling east on Hamilton Street. The marker stands on the lawn of the Webster County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6330 Hamilton Street, Preston GA 31824, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Veterans (a few steps from this marker); Webster County (within shouting distance of this marker); First Confederate Flag Raising in Georgia (within shouting distance of this marker); Walter F. George (within shouting distance of this marker); Archery, Georgia (was approx. 6.2 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Jimmy Carter's Boyhood Farm (approx. 6.7 miles away); Jimmy Carter Slept Here (approx. 6.7 miles away); Always a Reckoning (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Preston.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Lannahassee.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 343 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.