Near Charlotte in Atascosa County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 2005 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13619.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1877.
Location. 28° 51.758′ N, 98° 47.502′ W. Marker is near Charlotte, Texas, in Atascosa County. Marker is on County Road 315W, 0.2 miles east of Farm to Market Road 140, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Amphion and Amphion Cemetery (approx. 13½ miles away); Here William Alexander A. Wallace (approx. 13.6 miles away); Sand Branch Baptist Church (approx. 13.9 miles away); Site of Jose Antonio Navarro Ranch Headquarters (approx. 15.1 miles away); William Carvin Winters (approx. 15.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. This page has been viewed 859 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 3, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.