Johnstown in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Baronial Home of
Sir William Johnson
Open to Visitors
Erected 1936 by New York State Education Department.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the National Historic Landmarks series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1762.
Location. 43° 0.716′ N, 74° 22.825′ W. Marker is in Johnstown, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of West State Street (New York State Route 29) and Hall Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West State Street. The marker is located on the point of an accute triangle formed between West State Street (Rt29) and the road leading to Johnson Hall, Hall Avenue in Johnstown, New York. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Johnstown NY 12095, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Memory of Sir William Johnson, Baronet. (a few steps from this marker); Landscaping Johnson Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Johnson Hall State Historic Site Johnson Hall 1762 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Who Was Sir William Johnson ? (approx. 0.3 miles away); Johnson Hall / The Landscape of Johnson Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of First St John's Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Colonial Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnstown.
Regarding Johnson Hall. Johnson Hall is a New York State Historic Site.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. There is a large marker about Johnson Hall in down town Johnstown.
Also see . . . Johnson Hall State Historic Site. New York State Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website entry (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,539 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.