Stillwater in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fort Winslow built 1756
Montressor’s Blockhouse &
Storehouse Barracks 1758
Schuylers Supply Depot 1777
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 56.432′ N, 73° 38.971′ W. Marker is in Stillwater, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Hudson Avenue (U.S. 4) and Gen. Schuyler Lane, on the right when traveling south on Hudson Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stillwater NY 12170, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dirck Swart House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ferry Lane (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Montgomery Lodge R.A.M. (about 700 feet away); Mead’s Tavern (about 800 feet away); United Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Academy (approx. ¼ mile away); Stillwater Blockhouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stillwater.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles •
More. Search the internet for Historic Sites.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 29, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 389 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 29, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.