Garards Fort in Greene County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1797.
Location. 39° 48.747′ N, 80° 0.804′ W. Marker is in Garards Fort, Pennsylvania, in Greene County. Marker is at the intersection of Garards Fort Road (Pennsylvania Route 21) and Greene Lakes Road, on the right when traveling west on Garards Fort Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Garards Fort PA 15334, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of Rev. John Corbley (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Garard's Fort (approx. 0.9 miles away); White Covered Bridge (approx. 2˝ miles away); Greene County Coal Miners Memorial (approx. 3˝ miles away); Albert Gallatin (approx. 5 miles away); Preserving the 1910 Landscape (approx. 5 miles away); Monongahela River (approx. 5 miles away); Stone Cistern (approx. 5 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,059 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 30, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.