Brandon in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Brandon Family Cemetery
In 1874 they moved back to New Hope (Brandon) and established their homestead. John helped start the first school, donated land for a church and the New Hope Cemetery. John Brandon died in 1886 and was buried in this cemetery. The Brandon name is carried on proudly by the descendents of John, many of whom reside locally.
Erected 1990 by the Brandon family.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 27° 56.278′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brandon FL 33510, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brandon Masonic Lodge No. 114, F. & A.M. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brandon Homestead (approx. half a mile away); Brandon School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Limona (approx. 2 miles away); Turkey Creek School (approx. 6.8 miles away); Saved from Slavery (approx. 6.8 miles away); Military Road (approx. 8.3 miles away); Spanish Exploration of Temple Terrace (approx. 8.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brandon.
More about this marker. The marker is capped with a logo created for the ceremonies marking Brandon's Centennial in 1990.
Regarding Brandon Family Cemetery. The small cemetery contains 75 graves and a Confederate memorial flagpole.
Also see . . . Brandon Family Cemetery pages at hillsboroughcountycemeteries.com. (Submitted on July 10, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.