Attapulgus in Decatur County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Attapulgus Cemetery Inc.
ATTAPULGUS CEMETERY INC.
P.D. (Pete) Miller, Jr. President
J. Louie Barineau Vice President
T. Fredrick Smallwood Sec. Treasurer
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical date for this entry is April 15, 1661.
Location. 30° 44.717′ N, 84° 29.1′ W. Marker is in Attapulgus, Georgia, in Decatur County. Marker is at the intersection of Williams Street and Clay Street, on the left when traveling west on Williams Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Attapulgus GA 39815, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Attapulgus Presbyterian Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Attapulgus High School (about 600 feet away); Attapulgite / Fullers Earth (approx. ¼ mile away); Attapulgus (approx. 0.3 miles away); Amsterdam, Georgia / Shade Grown TobaccoGragg Lumber Company (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Village, the Pits, and the Dumps (approx. 3.3 miles away); Charles James Munnerlyn / “Refuge” (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Attapulgus.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 414 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.