Henrietta in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The East Henrietta Village
1824 - Brick general store built at 3118 East Henrietta Road. David Deming. Lehigh Station Road supplied bricks.
1826 - First incorporated secondary school built west of Canandaigua, NY. Known as "The Monroe Academy".
1826 - Headmasters House built for the Monroe Academy.
1830s - Early U.S. Post Offices were located in area buildings.
1860s - Congregational/Methodist churches built.
1907 - Town's first firehouse built on East Henrietta Road.
Erected 2006 by Town of Henrietta, NY.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1824.
Location. 43° 3.537′ N, 77° 36.748′ W. Marker is in Henrietta, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of East Henrietta Road (New York State Route 15A) and Lehigh Station Road, on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Henrietta NY 14467, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Headmaster's House and the Monroe Academy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Born in Log House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Richardson Farm (approx. 1.3 miles away); District No. 6 (approx. 1.7 miles away); West Henrietta Farm (approx. 2.7 miles away); The West Henrietta Village (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hopkins Homestead (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Great American Canal (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Henrietta.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 345 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 6, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.